New Goals

Hello guys!

I have started a very new and scary adventure today, a few days ago I got a call from a marketing company interested in my C.V. I went for an interview, then a second interview, and then I got a job! More of a career than a job I hope, it should be a huge opportunity for me to develop my skills, considering I don’t think University is for me.


This job means I can put my skills into use, my crazy O.C.D organisation skills, my leadership training and my badass confidence that I am rocking nowadays. I am nervous though, even though my current job doesn’t pay much, I will 100% miss the family I grew to love there. 

But I know I need to be strong, I need to go in fighting and not let the spark die. I hope this is a career for me and not just another 6 month stint in my growing C.V of endless jobs. 

This is the joy of a gap year, for all of you who aren’t sure what your plans are, a gap year can help you so much, do a bit of travelling then try out different jobs! One day you might want to be a personal assistant, but after six months of trying that out you might realise that dream isn’t for you, and wouldn’t you rather know that now than having to pay out a ridiculous sum to then become another till clerk in a dull uniform.


I’m sure we’ve all, at one moment in our time, wish we were five again. Don’t get me wrong being an adult has its perks. However I remember waking up as a child and knowing my biggest battle was going to be conkers in the playground (a simple game of a conker on a string bashing it against the opponents conker). Then suddenly you’ve done GCSEs, A levels, and a scary man/woman is stood there asking what you want to do. Very daunting for an 18 year old to decide their life career, then suddenly we all get that flash of ‘gosh I wish I was 8 again, what a simple life that was’. I promise all of you 18 year olds out there, if you don’t know what you want to do, don’t be worried. It is not the end of the world. Even if a gap year seems maybe unproductive for you, it doesn’t have to be, there are infinite opportunities worldwide, costing nothing to thousands depending on what you want to do. You can earn money and learn, do an internship, take up performance lessons across the world and build up your training. Anything can be done if you have a proper method behind it. In any case, I am insanely excited to start work with this new company.


I discovered whilst at my first day at work that 1. It is harder than I thought, 2. I haven’t got used to getting up early, and 3. My company can support WWF as their strategic plan! This would be a goal for me to be able to run WWF sales in Brighton. 

Hopefully this will be a new chapter in my life, and I look forward to sharing it with you all!

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Other Lives

Youth Stop AIDS Speaker Tour 2018!

Youth Stop Aids Watches Rent