Realisms

Hello!

Apologies for being so distant, it has been a crazy few weeks of preparing for university and working.
My sister has recently moved to Worthing, which is close to Brighton, and I am most excited! We celebrated her arrival, as well as her 23rd, with a day out in the city, drinks, food, book shopping and lots of fun.

More to the point is the reason I am writing today, I wanted to discuss passions. When you were younger what did you want to do when you were older? I went through life deciding different paths, which is perfectly normal, until I went to Africa and then decided that doing good is what I wanted to do. It's not a career like most aspirations, it definitely isn't money oriented, but I don't care. I want to wake up in the morning and go back to sleep at night knowing that I've made some good decisions that day.

However for now, I am a receptionist, who works a 40 hour week, going shopping on her day off, and more mundane things. I no longer am dancing under the african moon whilst hot rain spit on my shoulders. Everytime I go to a shift at work I imagine the other life I had, when waking up at 5am to go to morning prayer then class was exciting, rather than turning on the computer to check guests out. 

Sometimes I take a walk, watch the ocean, the waves crashing onto the pebble beach, go for a run just to catch the sun's glare. Nothing like Africa, in Africa I would run and watch the world move quickly, with no people, just nature, wildlife ran completely free, I would be completely free. In a world without fences, a world without boundaries. 

I know that my passion will be ignated one day. That I can run free once more, I will be in a world where I can make one person's day a little better, and eventually, change lives for the better.

If you have a passion, a burning inside of you that glares for freedom, follow it. Don't fall into the 'norms' of society, living a 40 hour week in a shitty job. Be a better you, follow that passion until the end. If I never decided to go to Africa, I would never have a little fire inside of me. And I am so glad I went, I will never regret it. And I hope to return one day and make the passion more of a reality.

Make your passions a reality, I believe in all of you!

Love you all
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Other Lives

Youth Stop AIDS Speaker Tour 2018!

Youth Stop Aids Watches Rent